Summary of Child Protection Information for Visitors and Volunteers
Queensbridge School is committed to the highest standards in protecting and safeguarding the children entrusted to our care. Our school/service will support all children by:
- Promoting a caring, safe and positive environment within the school,
- Encouraging self-esteem and self-assertiveness,
- Effectively tackling bullying and harassment.
We recognise that some children may be the victims of neglect, physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Staff working with children are well-placed to identify such abuse.
At Queensbridge School, in order to protect our children, we aim to:
- Create an atmosphere where all our children can feel secure, valued and listened to,
- Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse,
- Respond quickly, appropriately and effectively to cases of suspected abuse.
If you have a concern that a child is being harmed, is at risk of harm, or you receive a disclosure (intentionally or unintentionally), you must contact the following staff member as quickly as possible.
Mrs J Norbury, DSL (Designated Safeguarding Lead)
If this person is not available, please contact any of the following staff:
|Mr A Shaqur, Deputy DSL|
Everyone working with our children, their parents and carers should be aware that:
- Their role is to listen and note carefully any observations which could indicate abuse,
- They should not attempt to investigate once the initial concern is raised,
- They should involve the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) immediately,
- If the DSL is not available, the Head or Deputy DSLs should be contacted,
- Disclosures of abuse or harm from children may be made at any time.
If anything worries you or concerns you, report it straightaway.
Our Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy can be accessed on the policies page.
OTHER ORGANISATIONS YOU OR YOUR CHILD COULD CONTACT
Birmingham Safeguarding Children Hub (referrals can be made by anyone concerned about a child)
Sharp (pupils can confidentially report incidents or concerns)
Pause (a self-referral facility with a drop-in for young people to discuss mental health difficulties)