Who are the other people providing services to children with SEND in this school?
Directly funded by the school:
- Non Teaching Heads of Year
- Learning Leaders
- Additional hours purchased for Pupil and School Support (PSS)
- Transition support at KS2-3, 3-4 and 4-5
- Teaching Assistants
- Authority but delivered in school:
- Communication and Autism Team (C.A.T)
- Educational Psychology Service (Statutory work only)
- Sensory Service for children with visual or hearing needs
- Community Physiotherapy
- Professional training for school staff to deliver medical interventions
- Parent Partnership Service (to support families through the SEN processes and procedures).
- School Nurse
In KS3 students are targeted for intervention support with their reading/spelling and Maths.
Students work in small groups or on a one-to-one basis under the guidance of a Teaching Assistant. This intervention is for a short period and aims to refocus and reintegrate students back into their lessons.
During extraction, students work towards achieving personalised short term targets which focus on key areas including:
- Raising self-esteem and confidence in the classroom
- Increasing motivation in the classroom
- Improving communication and language skills
- Raising attainment and grades in subjects
- Improving literacy and numeracy skills