January 22nd 2018
MPR/UPR + £7,699
Permanent Contract, Full Time
Starting September 2018
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational SENDCO to further develop and lead on inclusion across the school.
Ofsted has graded the school as ‘outstanding’ in all categories and identified …..”Its highly imaginative and innovative curriculum” where “students make outstanding and rapid progress”. The school's provision for pupils with learning difficulties and disabilities is an area that we are proud of and wish to develop further.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead, develop and maintain high quality SEND provision;
- Play a leading and strategic role in closing the gap for disadvantaged pupils;
- Have experience in SEND procedures and the successful inclusion of pupils with SEN in mainstream classrooms;
- Be committed to inclusion and meeting the needs of all pupils and have a vision, energy and a desire to make a difference for our pupils;
- Be skilful in working with, monitoring and championing pupils with a range of different abilities and needs;
- Have strong classroom management skills and a commitment to the best possible outcome for all students;
- Hold the National Award for SEN Co-ordination or be willing to undertake this training immediately;
- Have thorough knowledge of the new SEND Code of Practice;
- Have experience of improving teaching and learning at whole school level through effective intervention with teachers in order to improve the progress of our SEND pupils.
We are committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to support this we have a high-quality bespoke programme for teachers at all stages of their professional career.
We welcome informal visits to the school.
To apply: please complete the Application and Disclosure forms from the application pack below by emailing or posting them by the closing date.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 22nd January 2018
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Teaching Application Pack