November 25th 2019
Senior Science Technician
Senior Science Technician (GR3a)
Permanent Full Time 36.5 hrs per week (Whole Year)
Salary: GR3a £20,344(SCP9) - £21,589 (SCP12)
Queensbridge is a specialist college in the visual and performing arts, serving a socially and culturally diverse area of Birmingham with above average levels of need determined to transform the life chances of our 900 pupils.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Senior Technician to support the Science Department through the provision of specialist technical skills and knowledge across a range of disciplines. The role will provide outstanding support for the teaching and learning in Science. The job holder will enable the smooth running of the subject by ensuring that apparatus is operating properly and safely for the use in practical Science lessons.
Duties will include:
- carrying out risk assessments for practical and technical activities;
- preparing practical experiments;
- maintaining, repairing and taking inventory of apparatus;
- liaising with staff over equipment and safety issues
- running trials of experiments and demonstrations;
- supporting the overall work of the Science Department;
- supporting pupils with their work;
- providing direction, support and guidance to the Science Technician;
- supporting extra-curricular activities.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent track record of supporting science education within a successful secondary school and will ideally hold a science degree.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 25 November 2019 at 9am.
The School and all its staff are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.