Queensbridge is a Reading School.
This means that we strive to read at every opportunity and in all subjects. We believe that this is the key to both academic and personal success. In our school you will see:
1. A thriving and well used library run by our dedicated Reading Engagement Coordinator, supporting pupils and championing competitions, rewards and incentives.
2. Every pupil carrying a reading book in their bag, which they will be able to talk about!
3. E-book and audiobook access for all pupils.
4. Wider reading encouraged across the curriculum
5. Staff ‘Reading Champions’ across all subject departments;
6. A dedicated reading hour for all Year 7 pupils;
7. Reading age testing for all pupils to monitor progress and impact
8. A strongly linked reading and PSHE curriculum for all Year 7 and 8 pupils
9. A range of engaging reading groups
10. Exciting ‘World Book Day’ celebrations
11. Drop Everything and Read (DEAR) time
12. Transition reading projects and summer reading challenge
13. Guidance for parents in how to support their child with reading.
Download our Reading Manifesto for more information!