Equality statement of intent
- To reduce the attainment gap between different key groups of pupils, in particular the difference between disadvantaged and non-disadvantaged pupils.
- To narrow the gap in attendance between different groups of pupils, including persistent absenteeism.
- To reduce the number of of fixed-term exclusions across all groups of pupils and address any difference identified.
- To foster good relations further between different communities within the school and reduce the number of prejudice-related incidents.
- To promote cultural understanding between different ethnic groups within our school community, through the different opportunities pupils have to work and learn together through the strategic delivery of our wider-learning strategy.
The term ‘group’ in the statements above refers to the following:
Disadvantaged pupils, boys/girls, pupils with special educational needs and pupils with English as an additional language.
All pupil information is systematically analysed to make evaluative comparisons between the groups.